Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Well, this last week has been pretty horrible around our house. Little Pete seems to have gotten the stomach flu and then Avery and I soon followed suit. It has been a long time since I have been so sick and the first time the I have also had to take care of two kids at the same time. Whew! Thank God for my mom, who I just know is going to get sick, but I wouldn't have been able to make it without. All week little Pete has been crying unless he is with Mommy and that has been really tough. The night that I was SUPER sick the babies were up ALL night crying and generally in a bad mood. Thank goodness for my husband - I'm not sure what I would have done with out him either.

Now you would think stomach virus would be enough to deal with but unfortunately it seems that Houston is going to get the worst hurricane we've had since 1961. It is going to hit us directly and we are all a little scared. If we hadn't all been so sick we probably would have already gone to my grandparents house. We will decide sometime today what the plan of action will be. Pete and my dad boarded up some of their huge windows to help with the hurricane winds. The scary thought is that where our house is being built right now has already gotten evauated. Living along the coast brings on a lot of wonderful things, but at times like this you also realize the bad things that come along with it.

Please, everyone, keep all Houstonians in your thoughts and prayers right now. It looks like we might need it . . .

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey Christy. Hope ya'll are safe. We came up to my Mom's in Dallas Thursday morning (really early, so we missed all the traffic, thank goodness!) We are praying our house doesn't flood. I'll keep ya'll in my thoughts and prayers too. SuAnn is in Austin-it took her 7 hours to get there! Take care, and let's get together when we all get back and get settled.