Sunday, November 16, 2008

7 years and 2.5 kids later . . .


Pete and I splurged and went for a FANTASTIC anniversary dinner at Damien's downtown. It has been a long time since we have been able to sit and talk over dinner for hours. It seems now days we are scarfing it down as quickly as possible. Afterwards we went to IKEA . . . funny how different things are once you have kiddos! hee hee We picked out a new bookshelf unit for our new playroom and had a great old time. I realized as I was looking at this picture that ALMOST everything about it is the same as last year . . .we went to dinner, I was pregnant, and I wore the exact same dress! Funny, at this same time last year I never would have guessed I would be pregnant again this anniversary!

Last night, I was thinking about how long Peter and I have known each other and I reminisced that we meet in the fall of 1997. I was a new freshmen at Texas Tech, just pledged a sorority and was going out for a night of fun with a group of girlfriends. Little did I know that I would meet my future husband at my first fraternity party! We didn't start dating until the spring, but I remember thinking that if this is what college life was going to be like, then it was going to be great!

So, after all these years, Pete is more my best friend than ever. I love ya babe!

1 comment:

Deonne said...

You all are too cute! Happy Anniversary!