Sunday, December 7, 2008

Grandpa


Nobody wants the "C" word to affect their family. Cancer, that is. Unfortunately, we found out at the end of the summer that Grandpa (my dad) cancer. Just like you don't want your kids to hurt, you don't ever want your parents to hurt either.

We, as are the doctors, are very optimisic. We are all keeping good thoughts and prayers going because we know that everything will come out ok. We are thankful that the cancer was found, that we are working to get rid of it, and that we are so close to MD Anderson.

As always I am thankful for my parent's friends and our extended family who have already called, sent cards, food, and well wishes. One of my dad's best friends even came into town to join my mom, me and my sister at the hospital tomorrow morning. So we appreciate how well loved we all feel right now.

Please keep my dad, my mom, and the rest of our family in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

2 comments:

Deonne said...

I can't imagine what you all are going through right now. I pray that the surgery goes well this morning and that your dad's body would be completely healed and cancer free. You all will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sara said...

Your dad, your family, and you are in my prayers this morning!! Thank you for sharing. I am confident that the Lord will bring complete healing to your dad!!!