Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy Birthday!

One year ago, my sweet, precious babies were born very early in the morning. We had waited all the previous day and all during the night for our little miracles to join this world. I wondered and pondered for months "What would they be like?" "How is my life going to be different?" "What will it like to have TWO babies at once?" I am in awe today how quickly a year can go by. It is such a cliche, but what a blur! Those first few months are something I can barely remember because I was so busy and tired and trying my hardest to be such a good mommy.







This blog has been in a way a lifeline for me. At first, I started it as a way to easily download pictures for my family. Then it seemed to take a life of its own as I started to use it to chronicle our daily lives, milestones and accomplishments. This has been a way for me to "write" everything down so I can go back and reminisce. My birthday gift to the babies is that I am taking this blog over the past year and having it made into books. That way, some day they can go back and see what how I felt about them and how they have and always will enrich my life. www.blurb.com

We had their actual western themed birthday party a few weeks ago, but Pete and I had our own little birthday party again tonight. I made them their little cakes again, but this time: NO ICING! They ate and ate! We spent the day fairly calmly just hanging out and playing together as a family. Like Pete said, that is probably what these kiddos would want the most.





1 comment:

shannonmichaelis said...

Love the vest! I can't believe you have 2 one year olds with one on the way! Don't ever let me complain! :-) One year is so special. And let me know how the blurb works out - I've always heard about it but never seen one before.