.jpg)
So, Pete and I dropped the kiddos (Avery and Pete) off at Nana and Papa's for a big weekend in the country and we decided to go get some dinner with our one child! As we were driving I reminded Pete of the fabulous mexican restuarant we had previously gotten take out with our friends Emily and Dirk. We both thought that was a great idea, but I didn't have my cell phone and felt horrible about eating at a restuarant that my friend lives so close to and not calling her. But in the end, hunger won over, and we decided to go on to the restuarant. I kept telling Pete "We are SOO going to run into Emily and Dirk!", and he kept saying "Let's just go by their house and see if they want to go" and I said I would rather DIE than "pop in" on someone on a Friday night.
So, Pete, Hailey and I had just sat down with our margaritas (Hailey's a milk sans the margarita) when who do we see walk in the door . . .Emily, Dirk and their brood! I ran over to them, invited them to join us and we had the best time! Hailey and Campbell just loved each other and we just know they are going to be the best of friends (since they are only a few months apart!) They just loved on each other and kept laughing and touching each others faces!
I love "impromptu" meetings like that and couldn't have asked for a better surprise from one of my best friends!! It was a great start to our "kid free" weekend!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment