Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkins






So I am coming off of a self imposed "no technology" fast (got the idea from Shannon - thanks!) over the past Friday, Saturday, and (err) part of Sunday. I just felt like lately I have been spending way too much time neglecting the house, hobbies, ect. It seemed that everyday my children were occupied or asleep I was on the computer or watching TV. So, ahem, I decided to change my attitude . . .and you know what, it was great! We played Scrabble, I made bows, I worked on finishing decorating the kids room, we went to the pumpkin patch, we carved pumpkins and so much more! So, I'm going to work on being a better self motivator and pull my self from my lovely computer more!



We went to a local pumpkin patch, more a field, but you know, we live in South Texas. There really aren't a whole lot of pretty pumpkin patches around here! But, it was great anyway. The kiddos loved getting pulled around in the cart and trying to pick up wierd and heavy pumpkins and all the proceeds went to a good cause!


1 comment:

Laura said...

I need to do a fast too, but I don't know if I would make it! I should at least set a timer for myself when I sit down at the computer so that when it goes off, that's it, no more. It seems like if I just sit down to check my email really quick, before I know it, it's an hour later! Good for you taking some initiative!