Have things been horrible? - No. Have things been tough? - Yes. I'm not going to sit here and complain because I know we all have our little trials and tribulations that we go through, but I am going to state the facts! :)
Everyone is our house over the past month has been sick. Not horrible sick, just cold/sinus infection sick. Well, as we all know . . . the dr. won't give any medicine for a cold! I kept taking Avery in to our pedi week after week because she was so sick. He even had a chest x-ray taken to make sure it wasn't pnuemomia and he kept saying "It's just a cold." So after almost 3 weeks of a miserable child I took her to a new pedi and she said it was a sinus infection and therefore gave us some medication and we had to invest in a breathing treatment machine and extremely expensive medicine! Avery was such a trooper using the machine! She wouldn't sit for the entire time but I was proud of my little 2 year old acting like a big girl! Hailey and Pete got terrible colds but luckily theirs came and went. Poor little Pete was up coughing for a whole week straight. I thought we were both going to lose it!
While the kids were starting to get better, I was hit with the worst sinus infection I have ever had. It really knocked me down and made caring for 3 little sick kiddos even harder. Plus, it's been tough because we hve been cooped up for so long and had to miss out on all the fun stuff that we do normally like MDO and bible study.
Avery, being her normal Avery self, was horsing around and fell face forward into a sharp object. It, of course, knocked her tooth loose, so she was unable to use her pacifier anymore. We've done really good with the pacifier, only at naps and bedtime. But, not being able to have the paci has thrown her COMPLETELY off. The first week was spent screaming, screaming, screaming on Avery's part and pleading, bribing, and begging by this Mommma. Needless to say, we no longer have all our kids in bed by 8 and have the rest of the night to ourselves. So now, Avery refuses to be in her bed. We let her sleep in her chair or on the floor. I've tried bribing her with Barbies and toys. And I guess, it is getting better - three weeks later. I mean last night I finally had her asleep by 10:30, progress, right?
Poor little Hailey's birthday party kept getting postponed because of everything on around here. So we finally had it one Sunday afternoon. I thought surely the sickness is all behind us. That night though, I noticed Pete's eye was all gunky and crusty and the next morning he couldn't even open them when he woke up. Turns out you can get a cold in your eyes - a form of pink eye. So needless to say we all have passed the pink eye around. And once again since it's a cold . . .the drops only help the symptoms, they don't cure it.
So, I'm looking forward to getting backto some sort of normalcy. If you've read all the way through here is something kinda funny. The word that is said ten million times at our house right now: "toot".
.jpg)

2 comments:
Hang in there. Sorry to hear about all the sickies. Your family is still super cute though!!!
Sorry about all the sickness in the family. You are a tropper and all will be well. Love your blog.
Best Wishes, Mindy Vallejos
Post a Comment