Monday, April 19, 2010

Zoo trip


We had planned to go to the zoo one of Pete's off Fridays. When that particular Friday rolled around it was gray and a little gloomy. We took off for downtown anyway and thought we would enjoy the train or the park. Did we ever make the right decision . . . the zoo wasn't nearly as crowded as it usually is! Of course all the school groups were there but, the weather had kept some of the crowd away. Plus, when it's overcast the animals are happy to be laying around so everyone can see them!




After the zoo we went to Lupe Tortillas and the kiddos happily played in the sand ad had a ball. I, being the mommy who has to document EVERYTHING, dutifully checked my camera battery before we left and it was full and I didn't even grab my little point-n-shoot. So, at the zoo when I got the kids pics with the giraffes and then my camera turned off I was a bit upset! But, in reality, it's kinda nice to not have to pop the camera out at every moment and made for a more enjoyable time for me . . . hmmm, wonder if I was being taught something???

No comments: