Part of the reason I got so energetic about doing this was I became friends with one of the mommies in A & P's class. We started having play dates with the kids and decided instead of just playing we should incorporate some learning (don't you just love when former teachers get together!). So we've been doing a letter of the week, where we are each in charge of planning the activity or craft for the day around the letter we are studying. It has been great to get to use my teaching skills! Plus it makes you accountable when someone else is counting on you too! So much fun! We've made astronauts, bees and caterpillars so far! I'm so proud of A & P who know all of their letter sounds and can with about 90% accuracy tell you what letter most words start with! They amaze me everyday. Plus, little Hailey is doing so well too at letter sounds! Awesome!
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Oh A-B-C, it's as easy as 1-2-3!
So one of the things I wanted to start working on this new year was "schooling" my kiddos. As a former teacher I know the value of kids who have received help at home. Now, my kids are only barely 3 but we're trying different activities to help them along. The Internet is so jammed full with amazing preschool ideas, often it is overwhelming.
Part of the reason I got so energetic about doing this was I became friends with one of the mommies in A & P's class. We started having play dates with the kids and decided instead of just playing we should incorporate some learning (don't you just love when former teachers get together!). So we've been doing a letter of the week, where we are each in charge of planning the activity or craft for the day around the letter we are studying. It has been great to get to use my teaching skills! Plus it makes you accountable when someone else is counting on you too! So much fun! We've made astronauts, bees and caterpillars so far! I'm so proud of A & P who know all of their letter sounds and can with about 90% accuracy tell you what letter most words start with! They amaze me everyday. Plus, little Hailey is doing so well too at letter sounds! Awesome!


Part of the reason I got so energetic about doing this was I became friends with one of the mommies in A & P's class. We started having play dates with the kids and decided instead of just playing we should incorporate some learning (don't you just love when former teachers get together!). So we've been doing a letter of the week, where we are each in charge of planning the activity or craft for the day around the letter we are studying. It has been great to get to use my teaching skills! Plus it makes you accountable when someone else is counting on you too! So much fun! We've made astronauts, bees and caterpillars so far! I'm so proud of A & P who know all of their letter sounds and can with about 90% accuracy tell you what letter most words start with! They amaze me everyday. Plus, little Hailey is doing so well too at letter sounds! Awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment