Friday, May 22, 2009

Zoo



Today was our first trip to the zoo! I kept singing the Raffi song "Going to the Zooooo, Zooo, Zooo, How 'bout you, you, you!! Funny thing is, though, the kiddos enjoyed the "tame" animals even better than the caged ones! They loved the birds, and we even saw a bunny hoping through some bushes! If you live in this area you know how beautiful the weather has been for the past few days, so we figured we would take advantage of it. Pete took off work and we headed out early. I really thought it wouldn't be that crowded but I guess it's always crowded! I can't even imagine what it would have been like on the weekend.




The children's zoo area was really the best for our age kids. They have a little petting zoo with goats that were just laying around. In that area you can get a little closer to the llamas and the cows, so the kids liked that. The other "big" attractions were a bit lost on our kiddos. They of course liked the elephant and the giraffes, but the others were a little harder for them to see.




We walked around the park a little bit afterwards. Something I figured out on this trip is that it is going to be a LONG time before I attempt an outing like this on my own.



No comments: