Friday, June 12, 2009

Avery and Pete are 18 months!


My little babies are a year a half now! It makes it so much easier to say that than by "month-age". When I say that they are in to everything . . .they are in to EVERYTHING!!


Avery is our little clown with the sweetest little smile and heart. She loves on her little sister like a little momma. She brings Hailey her blankie and paci, tries to comfort her when she is fussy. She is fully into blowing kisses and giving hugs, which makes this MOMMA so happy! She likes to carry around purses and buckets and wear bows (for a moment) in her hair. She is so attached to all blankies and wants one with her at all times. She has a special bear blankie that we call "pink bear" that she especially likes to love on. She points, shakes her fingers, and calls out bear, bear . . . until it is brought to her. She really loves to find it in the dryer after pink bear has been "washing". Avery is always going to be my picky eater, I think. I can't seem to stuff veggies into her unless I am really tricky about hiding it. Even then, she has figured out that she doesn't like anything green! Since going to MDO she has learned to love to color and asks to do it daily whenever she sees the crayons.


Pete is our little teddy bear who really loves on his momma. He went to Grandma and Grandpa's a week ago with his daddy, and Pete was telling me that he kept asking for me. He is such a sweetie but has such a mischievous side too! He knows when he is doing something wrong because he will stop, look at me, and bat those gorgoeus baby blues. He still loves to eat, eat, eat . . .but is becoming a little more picky like his sister. I will often catch him quietly playing with his blocks or reading a book which always warms my heart. He also recently gave up his "paci" because he had to! He pulled a cabinet down on top of him and it knocked his tooth loose. In order not to get that tooth to jiggle, he had to loose the paci. He is not as into giving hugs and kisses, but I always get a great hug when he wakes up from a nap. I can hear him calling through the monitor "Momma, Momma!" and you know I come running!

No comments: