I made it through my first potty training experience. I'm not gonna lie. . . it nearly did me in. Big Pete came home those first couple of days to a very grumpy, very frazzled mommy.
I started off trying to work with Avery and Pete at the same time. I had everything ready: the undies/panties, the rewards, the stickers and chart. I thought I was going to be able to handle both at the same time. Yes, I was wrong!!! :)
We "threw" away all the diapers and pull ups. We put up our little charts. I keep saying what my book told me say "Tell Mommy when you have to go pee pee". I started filling them with juice and salty snacks. And then they started ganging up on me . . .
I would run one out of the room to the potty, and the other one would pee pee in front of the TV! Plus, little Miss Hailey still needed full attention pointed at her. On top of that, Lil Pete was screaming and crying everytime I tried to put him on the potty. So, to save my sanity . . . I kept it up with Avery and but diapers back on Pete. I know, I know, total wrong thing to do, but I just couldn't figure out how to "watch" both of them at the same time and take are of Hailey too.
So, this is how I did it: Basically for three days, you and the kiddos do nothing but stay within close proximity of each other. We colored, painted, read books and watched a WHOLE LOTTA TV. You have to "watch" the potty training child like a hawk and catch them each and everytime they start to go, in order to run them to the potty. If you miss it even one time, it puts off the process because she is not able to understand and learn.
So with that said, you have alot of pee and pooh everywhere, and I mean everywhere!! UGGHHH But, at the end of three days, Avery had it. I mean she was still having accidents and didnt pooh in the potty until day 4 or 5, but she basically had it down.
Now we are about 2 weeks out, and she has accidents very infrequently. I also don't put her in a diaper at night and she has done great. The first time at Sunday School she had an accident, but this past Sunday she told them and went. I'm so proud of my baby girl and how good she has been doing!! Now on to #2, and #3! :)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment