I have really been so upset by this, isn't that silly? Here are a couple of the irrational reasons:
1) I didn't want him to have to go through it. I didn't want it to hurt him or "terrorize" him by scaring him from going to the dentist anymore.
2) I really didn't want my cute little baby faced precious boy to be a "toothless wonder" - I know, so superficial, but, hey, I'm not perfect.
3) I started getting scared by talking with people and hearing how missing teeth can cause speech delays. (I mean you would have thought I should have called my SPEECH PATHOLOGIST sister to find out the true story, but once again - I am not perfect.)
4) I really didn't want to pay for it. Yet again, not a very good reason, but we already have medical bills coming out the wazoo from PREVIOUS injuries - I really hate to add to an already daunting pile.
So I kept putting it off. I made appointments, spoke with the nurses and then canceled the appointment (um, that happened twice - don't you know they just LOVED me). Well, finally the decision was made for me - I happened to look at Pete's tooth and saw the tell-tale puss that I had been told to watch for - infected tooth. It had to come out, funny how God makes a decision for you sometimes, isn't it?
Long story short, my little baby was totally unphased by the whole procedure. The dentist (very nicely) told me that I was overreacting, my sister assured me that the chance of speech delays from 1 loose tooth is pretty minimal, my kid got nitrous oxide gased up, his mommy held his hand - and he lost his front tooth.
Say hello to our little toothless wonder . . .don't tell anyone, but I think he might even be cuter now! :)
.jpg)

3 comments:
Umm, you are totally right! SOOOOO cute!!! As if he wasn't cute enough before!
I second that - SOOO cute! :) I can't take my eyes off of HIS eyes, though.... so I don't think you have anything to worry about! ;)
He really couldn't get any cuter! They are all so adorable!
Post a Comment