Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Beginning our good byes

We've started the so "un-fun" process of saying our good byes to so many of our friends here in Denton. I have been writing this post in pieces because as I look at the pictures and reflect I get a little choked up!


This is our poker group. We have been playing with this group for about 5 years almost every month!! Yikes! Alot of the memebers have come and gone but Christie D., Joe, Clem, Pete and I are part of the original group that has been playing so long together. What are you guys going to do without Pete a.k.a. "River Rat"!?

We had a little happy hour get together last week . . . it's amazing how many babies were there!! Times sure do change! Braden W. is pleading with his girlfriend Avery not to leave him in one of the pictures. Braden's parents are fellow Red Raiders and Pete even knew them before we moved here. Braden's daddy even came to our wedding so many years ago! Our amazing friend Christie is holding Miss Avery in the other picture. I'm not sure what I would have done without Christie over the years. I could not ask for a truer friend. She has always been there for us and we appreciate you so much!!




I have waited and waited for my best friend Shawnie to be DONE with the military and move back here! AFter all those years of waiting she finally did . . . and only lived 45 minutes away from me! I wish that we had taken advantage of that more often but that is what happens when she has 3 kiddos and I have 2! Shawnie you are awesome . . .I know I'll be seeing you in Houston alot! You have been such a good friend since we were in 10th grade!! YIKES!! Watch out for us (those 30 year olds) next year in Vegas! The pictures below are of Shawnie, her son, Matthew, and her twin girls, Lorelei and Aeoife! I think Pete found his new girlfriend with Miss Lorelei!



Connie . . . where do I even begin. You and Johnny have been not only amazing neighbors but have become part of our family. I promise to bring Avery and Pete to visit so that you can see "your" babies!!!


Here comes trouble! In two years, the girls from my girl's night went from zero kids to FIVE kiddos!! Whoa! Thank you girls for giving me an excuse to get out of the house every once in awhile and enjoy a fabulous martini!! As the kids began coming, the girl's nights slowed down . . .but I still want to thank ya'll for your wonderful friendship!! The pictures below are of 4 out of the 5 kiddos (Julie was at camp!) These are the kiddos from the Class of 2026! Braden was born in November, Avery and Pete in December, and Mark in May!


No comments: