So many people tell me that when their children were giving up the bottle it was hard for them (the parent). It made them feel as if they were losing some of their child's "babyhood". WHAT?!?!?!?!?!!?! I am so sentimental, but not having bottles anymore is a dream come true for me. Maybe I got burned out early on. I started doing botttles full time about a month after the twins were born. At that time we were doing 8 - 10 bottles a day EACH!!! So every night I would get the 20 or so bottles mixed with my milk, measured perfectly, sterilized, and all set up in the fridge. It took about an hour and I never felt more like a chemist - stirring and mixing.
Each time we lost a bottle and gained the cup, I felt a certain thrill of victory that we were one step closer to not having them anymore! It is so nice to run to the store and not to have to lug emergency bottles or a little cooler . . . Yikes, looking back - How did I ever do it!???!!
.jpg)

2 comments:
Seriously! I don't know how you did it! That is a LOT of bottles! Congratulations on moving to big kid cups! :-) Enjoy your month away from the bottles! :-)
Cuz you are a rock star mom, that's how! :) Congrats, that's so awesome! We need to get together again soon!
Post a Comment