Saturday, March 28, 2009

2 weeks


Can you say exhausted!? And I had help for the first two weeks!! The first day that I had the kiddos all alone I was a little scared to say the least. I keep thinking that as they all grow it is going to get easier. I keep thinking a newborn is easy, the twins are easy, but put them all together and it is tough!! Pete and Avery are being super sweet to Hailey. Avery has almost mastered her little sister's name and it is so cute. She says a little bit of something like "Ha-ey"!

Hailey is a completely different baby than Avery and Pete. They were always super content to sit in their chairs and hang out. They were never super "cuddle" babies (which I guess they had to be since there were two of them!) Miss Hailey is pretty much unhappy unless she is being held. She is finally starting to like her chair and FINALLY starting to like her pacifier (thank god - yes I'm one of those mom's that LOVE and NEED paci's)! She is also a amazing eater . . . she is wanting to eat about every 2 hours during the day. During the night we are making it 3 - 4 hours at a stretch, which I think is pretty good for a newborn (I also think the formula during the night helps too)!



She is also a very noisy sleeper, which poses a problem since she is in our room. Avery and Pete went straight to their nursery when they were little, but our house setup is so different this time. So after a few sleepless nights, I finally figured out where to put her . . .in our closet! Everyone I tell that too freaks out, but we have a huge closet! It's like she has a little room and it's connected to our room so I can easily hear her! She also will not sleep in the bassinet, so she is sleeping in her car seat . . .I know, I know. A little diva already!

At her 2 week check-up she was 9lbs. 4 oz. and the peditrician said that she is perfect!! The nurses oohed and ahhed over our chubby little baby!!!


1 comment:

Wendy C. said...

Such sweet pictures.... it sounds like you are doing great! I couldn't imagine throwing a newborn into the mix with Lainey & Miller right now.... I know it must be hard. But it sounds like you are a great mom.... don't sweat the closet thing... as long as everyone is getting a good night's rest, there is no harm in it. I look forward to your next blog on life with 3! :D