Avery and Pete seemed fairly uninterested when Miss Hailey came home. It was one of those rainy, cold, unusual March days. The funny thing about it was that is was such a similar day to when we brought the twins home a little over a year ago. I guess all our kids just have to come home for the first time when it is raining and nasty outside!
I keep saying this, but Avery and Pete really thought Hailey was our new dog. Avery pointed at her and said "dog" and they both tried to pet her. We have really been working on the difference between "dog" and "baby".
The first night at home always seems to be the toughest. Hailey's schedule is a bit off. She does fine for the first stretch of the night, but wants to be awake after that 2am feeding. Otherwise, she is just the perfect little baby. We are trying to figure out her sleeping situation. Avery and Pete immediately went to their cribs in their room at our old house, because their room was so close to our room. Now we have quite a different situation with all the kids rooms being upstairs. So, we are basically trying everything to find a good place for Hailey to sleep so that I don't have to go up and down the stairs.
I am going to have helpers here at home for the first two weeks. My mom, Pete's mom, and then Pete is also taking off a few days to help me get situated!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment