On Thursday, at MDO the kiddos get a lollipop from the director and it is like the best moment of their life. Well, on Tuesday they don't get one, which is always hard to explain - they don't seem to understand the difference between Tueday and Thursday. So that is the precursor to my story . . .
The kiddos were screaming coming out of MDO because of "no lollipops" and I was struggling to get them to the car. Avery grabbed my keys and it was keeping her occupied, so I didn't think anything of it. I finally had all 3 kids in the car, shut the door and was just pushing the stroller to the back when I heard "CLICK!" Avery had hit the button to lock the doors . . . with all of them inside . . . and me on the outside. . . . I had no purse, no cell phone, and my extra set was in my purse, so I quickly borrowed another parents phone to call 911.
Yes, that's right. In the middle of the parking lot at the busiest pick time of the day at MDO, the police show up to get my (laughing, pointing, snickering, waving) children out of the locked car. When the policeman opened the door Pete said "HI!" and they were just waving.
I can laugh now. It's funny, I know.
.jpg)

3 comments:
Awwww! You poor thing!
At least the kiddos got some amusement out of it! :-)
That is one of my worst fears! I can't tell you how many times I have had miniature heart attacks when I shut the door and think, "OMG, is the door locked? Do I have the keys?" So sorry! Just like soooooo many other things, it is so much worse on Mommy than it is on the kids! But hey, they got their 1st lesson in how police officers can help us! :)
Horrifying!
Post a Comment