Amount of time spent in the pediatrician's office today . . . 2 hours
Price of the visit . . . $40
Learning there is nothing you can do when your kids have colds . . .priceless
Ok, Ok, Ok, - yes I did know that there really isn't anything you can do for a cold except wait it out. But after almost a week of fit throwing, whining, crying and just basically wanting to pull my hair out, I finally gave in and took them to the pediatrician's office. I have found a new doctor who is wonderful, but unfortunately she couldn't be seen today. So, went to a different, who was as equally as great, to find out that they just have a plain old cold.
I mean don't get me wrong - I don't want them to have some horrible disease but COME ON!! Let me have a placebo PLEASE! I was speaking to my friend Emily after all of this and we think there should be a "parent pill" just to help with all of the fun-ness that comes with a cold.
Also, I'm going to vent here a little for all of my friends. Let me give you all a piece of advice and you can do with it what you want. Please, please, PLEASE don't ever tell a 37 week pregnant woman with twins:
"Oh, I just don't know how you are going to do it" or
"Wow, your going to have to grow another arm" or
"Did you plan for this to happen?" or
"Wow your hands sure are going to be full" or
"I'm glad it's you and not me!"
Oh yes, friends, and these were just the comments that I got TODAY (and let me remind you I was only out of the house for a couple of hours). And in all actuality if I were speaking to someone in the same situation I might have said some of those comments too. BUT . . . I know someday Avery, Pete, and Hailey will appreciate knowing that they made their mommy a little bit of a "freak show" for a few years of her life. I get stares, comments, you name it! Even at the dr's office, I could HEAR the nurses speaking about me. Anyone who truly knows me, knows that I do NOT like to be the center of attention and I get embarrassed VERY easily. Maybe this is just one of those lessons in life . . .I haven't quite figured out what I'm trying to be taught, but soon I know that I will learn it and will be a better person for it.
Right??
So as soon as the kiddos wake up from their nap we're heading to Wal-Mart. That's always fun (sarcastic, sarcastic, sarcastic) That's where a few weeks ago I got this comment:
"You DO know how this happens right?" (gesturing at my belly and my kids)
.jpg)

3 comments:
I am sooo sorry - about the kiddos being sick, the nasty comments, etc. We've been pretty sick around here, too - in and out of the pediatricians a total of 4 times in the last 3 weeks!! It's not fun at all.
You're giving me a picture of what is to come in about 6-7 months...you'll have to reassure me at that time that "this too shall pass", ok?
I know you're going to be a fabulous mommy to all of your children. You already are! But it would be nice sometimes to have a zapper to zap folks who don't know how to filter their comments... :)
I can not believe that people actually make comments like that. They have no idea what your life is like. I am sorry for all of the people that can't keep their mouths closed. Children are such a blessing and you should take their comments with a grain of salt.
Remember, you'll look back at it all one day and thank God for the precious gifts of these children that you have. And remember, if you need help...ask.
Wish I could be there to give you a big hug, cuz it sounds like that could help, even if just a little.
Post a Comment