I know that people are looking at me and wondering if I'm pregnant because of my expanding belly, but then they see that I have two small children and they think "No way!"
On the way home from Austin, Pete realized that he had accidentally picked up his sister-in-law, Brandi's, keys. As they were her only set, we were in a predicament because we were almost half way home. Luckily, Pete's parents were driving TO Austin to see the last of the baseball tournament and were only about 30 miles from where we were at the time! (Talk about luck - thank goodness!)
Well, we stopped in the meantime to wait at a Seafood and Donut shop. I kid you not! They serve donuts in the morning and seafood for lunch and dinner - try finding that in a town near you! In the "restaurant" there was a group of little old grey haired ladies that were having their Sunday donuts and gossip session after church. They oohed and ahhed over the twins and were just as sweet as small town folks can be. The funniest part was, though, that they tried to keep their voices down, but weren't successful! They were discussing how I was such a poor thing because I couldn't lose my baby weight! I heard, and thought it was hilarious and had a good ol' laugh! I don't think I would have thought it was so funny had I not been 5 months pregnant!
Sometimes I want to say to people "I lost the weight! I lost the weight!" and other times I think it's better just to keep my mouth shut!!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment