Saturday, October 11, 2008

I think I figured it out!


For the past few months, Avery has without fail been getting up about 1:30 each night. She would cry and cry until I would take her out of bed and let her sleep in her baby chair. She was even starting to wake up little brother (ughh!!). So this momma has tried EVERYTHING to figure out what is going on. I put white noise in their room, I made it warmer/cooler, I tried socks/no socks, I fed her more during the day, ect. ect. ect.!!!

As I was reading the other day yet another article, I came across the idea that kiddos need to feel very comfortable in their surroundings when they wake up during the night, so that they can put themselves back to sleep. I hadn't really thought about it, but I have always been letting the kids take their naps in their baby chairs. So the only time they go in their cribs is at night. Well, I spent one day of "crying" naps for Avery. I would let her cry for a few minutes, go and soothe, and then the whole thing would start over again.



WELL . . . it seems to have worked!!! Avery now puts herself to sleep in her crib! And she stays asleep!!! She will play and roll around in her crib for a little while and then eventually she goes to sleep on her own!! VOILA!!! We have had 3 peaceful nights of sleep so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way!

No comments: