Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cool as Cucumbers


We no longer have any fever in our house . . . yippe!! I started feeling much better as soon as I started taking some medicine, too!!

My days are so jam filled with kids right now it is a bit overwhelming. Changing diapers is something that takes TIME, as I am trying to change 1, then change them all. Otherwise, I'm having a hard time keeping up with it.



Little Pete seems to be going through the terrible 2's at 15 months. He is super fussy all the time. I think it partly his teeth, but I also think the new baby is affecting him more than I thought. He definitely is a momma's little man, so I'm not sure he likes have to split his momma time AGAIN with someone new. He could handle sharing with Avery, but this new baby . . .no way!



I'm on the road to weaning Hailey and giving her formula. I have given it my best shot, but I can not keep up with her and two little ones that are demanding my attention. They just don't understand and basically it is taking too much time on my part. I feel that guilt for the twins about not being able to do as much with them, and I feel that guilt for Hailey about her not getting the best I can give her. But . . .I've come to terms with it and I'm moving on!



Finally today I'm starting to feel a little more settled. I'm not going to lie - it has been really rough for the past week. I'm starting to relax a bit more and feeling a bit more like myself again. I haven't called Pete yet crying today - so I feel that is a small victory! (hee hee) I'm trying to give everyone as much "mom" time as I can and I'm starting to realize that is the best that I can do! Now, my dirty house, stack of bills, and piles of laundry are another story . . .

1 comment:

Wendy C. said...

They are just all so cute.... I know it must be tough, but it sounds like you are doing what is best for you and your kiddos. I think (from what I read) you are doing great.... you are doing what works best for you and that's what matters (your sanity). Don't worry about the weaning.... again, do what works for you! Hang in there, mama, and cherish it, they will all be older soon and you will miss this. :D