Where has the time flown? My sweet little miracles are now two, and truly, I can't believe it. Pete and I waited and wanted these babies for so long that every year on their birthday I am in awe of them . . . and all of their "perfectness"!
So we wanted to spend all day together as a family. We woke up to Daddy's famous french toast, which Avery and Pete LOVE! Lil Pete seriously eats more than I do!
We decided to go to a wildlife park near our home and what a hit! This "zoo" was really the coolest thing. I have never seen some of the animals we saw that close up. There were llamas, camels, rhinos, zebras, emus, ostriches, deer, kangaroos, donkeys, and the list just keeps going and going. The kiddos are so smart - they would see a new animal and just keep screaming out the name of that animal with utter fascination (and alittle bit of fear on Lil Pete's part!)
As we were first driving in Daddy Pete was so mesmerized with all the animals that come to meet your car. There are so many animals that it is difficult to drive! He rolled down all the windows and was feeding the animals out of his hand. All of the sudden he looked my direction and was laughing because this huge emu had stuck his head inside the car looking for a handout. Needless to say . . .I was not amused.
Then we rode a tram with a really knowledgeable zoo keeper. We learned all kinds of things about the animals (like not to feed the emus from your hand because they will bite it off . . .yes, the same emus that Pete was feeding earlier and yes, the same emu that stuck it's head into our car, inches from my head . ..needless to say, again, not amused.)
Avery, of course, was fearless. I think she wanted to jump out of the tram a couple of times and run after the animals. At one point, she was hanging over the side petting a camel (yes, they are OK to pet). She also got to ride a pony which she still talks about! She had the best smile on her face and was just radiant the whole time! I have the coolest pic of her riding the pony and giraffes walking around in the background!
Pete loved it too, but in his own special way! Most times, he wanted to be holding Mommy's hand and look at the animals from afar (in most of the pics of Pete, you can see my hand not too far off!) . No hanging over the side of the tram for him! He is such a smartie and was calling out the names of all types of animals as they would come up to the tram. Sorry, baby, but I have to include the picture of you screaming your head off because you ddin't want to ride the pony!
We finished off the day with brownie sundaes (which I think is going to be our new traditional birthday desert!) They LOVED it and scarfed it down! What a fun day for us all to celebrate the birth of our precious little ones!
Avery and Pete, always know how much we love you and how lucky you are to have so many people in your life that care for you! Yo are truly special, unique individuals that have so much to offer the world.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment