Sunday, December 13, 2009

A WONDER-ful PETS Party



Once again this year we held Avery and Pete's birthday party over Thanksgiving so we could have as many people in town as possible to help us celebrate. I spent days cleaning, planning, cooking and decorating (I'm a bit of a neurotic hostess!). I was so excited about the decorating because I knew that A & P were going to flip out over all of the Wonder Pets paraphenelia that I had! I made little Wonder Pets shirts for all of us. Daddy Pete was "Wonder Daddy" and I was "Wonder Mommy", fitting right???





My mom luckily took A & P right after Thanksgiving to give me some time to get things ready on Friday. And another luckily, one of my best friends, Christie came in on Friday to visit. Christie is always such a big help and rolled up her sleeves and really dived in. I'm not sure how everything would have gotten accomplished without the two of them!




When A & P walked in Saturday morning they were shouting "Pets! Pets!" and it truly made my day. I remembered why I did everything I did . . .for that moment right there! We had so many special friends and family come celebrate with us. The weather had been fantastic for everyday before the party and unfortunately on Sat. the rain and drizzle set in. The funny thing is though, it didn't really faze all the men who were out back throwing footballs and playing games. It actually looked like training camp in our backyard! The kiddos loved it and ran around all afternoon playing and just having a blast.




Once again, our kids were showered with amazing toys, clothes, books and more. They enjoyed opening presents more this year, but were getting a bit tired by the time we got around to it. I also did cupcakes instead of a big cake this year, which I really liked doing. It kind made it alot easier, and people just noshed on cupcakes throughout the party instead of having to wait for the big cake. Avery and Pete loved the cupcakes and got a real kick out of everyone singing Happy Birthday (individually!) to each of them! They still are a bit unsure about candles, so Mommy and Daddy stepped in to help them out!




All in all, a great time had by everyone. But, next year, we are totally going somewhere to let them just run around . . . maybe the park! That sounds easy right??? Somehow, the hostess in me never makes anything easy!!! Oh well, it is out of pure love and joy for my children that I do everything . . .Happy Birthday my sweet 2 year old . . .I love you!

No comments: