Sunday, September 26, 2010

EVERYONE goes to school!!


That is right . . . all 3 kiddos are in preschool this year! I felt a little skip in my step as I prepared everyone to go to school the first day (which preparing 3 children is a monumental task!!!)

I found a preschool that I really like at a church that is fairly near to us. It is amazing the difference between a liscensed preschool and a MDO. I get all kinds of reports, notes, artwork, feedback! The kids really do terrific projects and are thriving! They go to school two days a week, for 4 hours each day.

Avery and Pete are experienced pros at this whole school thing. They happily give me a kiss and skip along on their way. Now Hailey, she's a little more attached to her mommy. She has a bit of a tough time watching me leave, but as soon as I'm out the door she calms down. I drop Hailey off first, so after dropping off A & P, I can swing back by Hailey's room to make sure she has calmed down - which she always has.


I guess Avery equates Hailey being around with MOMMA being around. The first day that Avery and Hailey passed in the hall it seems Avery just lost it. She was screaming for her "MOMMMY!!!". I guess she saw Hailey and thought I must be somewhere around hiding from her! But, the funny thing is once I talked to Avery about how I would always come back for her, it just "clicked". We haven't had the passing in the hall problem since. Every once in awhile Avery will ask me, "Momma, you always come back for me???" and I say "Yes baby . . .always and forever!" And then Avery happily skips off singing "Always and forever, always and forever".

Have I mentioned that kids are precious???

No comments: