Now Avery and Pete didn't have any emergency room visits (Thank God) but they did have a lot of free time since preschool does not run through the summer. At the beginning of the summer I went and bought all kinds of activities, paints, learning manipulatives, ect. to keep us busy. Let's just say by August I think we were all ready to pull our hair out. The kids were tired of being around me, we were all tired of being around each other - non stop, everyday.
About the end of July, the kids and I were at our weekly story time when we ran into twins from their mother's day out. Jack and Hagan had been in their class and their mommy Sarah is so nice! Plus, she has twins + 1, so if anyone understands what I'm dealing with everyday, it is her. Isn't is amazing how God gives you exactly what you need when you need it? So, Sarah and I started having play dates and meeting up at Chick-Fil-A to break the monotony of the week, and boy, did it help! If you can believe it us two mommies took our 6 kids to Chick-Fil-A every Weds! (I still have a hard time believing it myself!!)

Avery completely quit taking naps this summer which I believe was why things were a little rough. Not only did I not get a break, but she was exhausted all the time. Nights have been tough too, but I think they are getting a little better. We even tried slumber parties with her and Pete, but that only seems to complicate matters and creates a whole new set of issues!
I'm going to start with this statement: Swim diapers are VERY expensive. So, this summer if they were playing with the hose or the baby pools at home then we didn't diaper them and just let them run free as little jaybirds. Um, I guess once they hit two this kinda becomes a problem, because we had quite a few discussions about "body parts". Sounds funny right? Yeah, it was at first . . . :)
We have had alot of great things this summer too. A & P are talking up a STORM and completely carrying on conversations. This summer they seemed to turn from toddlers to big kids! This age is great because you can reason with them and they are beginning to understand consequences, ect.
But once again, I will reiterate: I am glad that summer is over!! :)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment