I have been putting it off and putting it off because I could envision our first dental visit: screaming, crying, yelling and otherwise plain mayhem!
Was I ever wrong! I had prepped our visit very carefully explaining what was going to happen and talking about how fun it was going to be. Our dentist even had take home books that I picked up before hand to read with the kiddos. Needless to say, they were pumped (as pumped as 2 year olds and 1 year olds can be!)
To my amazement everyone did a really great job getting their teeth looked at and cleaned. Hailey was our only screamer, but I don't think she really "got" what was going on. It helped that every single person we passed commented on how super cute the kiddos are (I mean who doesn't like compliments).
Lil Pete even had to get X-rays, which I thought "Oh here it comes", but he did fantastic! But with the X-rays came the bad news: Pete's front tooth needs to come out. About a year ago, Pete pulled a cabinet down on top of himself, loosening that tooth. Well, it re-attached, but now there is an abscess behind it meaning that we will have a toothless wonder on our hands very soon. He is going to have a little bridge with a fake tooth put on to keep the space. And guess what - insurance doesn't cover it (surprise, surprise!) I'm going to try to fight it, but you don't EVEN want to know how much this is going to cost! ugghh!!
.jpg)

3 comments:
As a dental hygienist, I can tell you the bridge won't last. I wouldn't do it if I were you. Hope he gets his big teeth in. LOTS of kids walk around with a gap. There's a reason insurance won't cover it for a 2 year old. Just fyi...
Thanks Shannon for the info- I was hoping to get a comment from you! It might be a little superficial but I just can't imagine him walking around with a gap for YEARS!
We go to the same dentist! Love that office! I need to get Drew in next time I take Trent. Hopefully he'll do as good as your kiddos did!
Post a Comment