Over the Christmas holidays we broke down and bought the "big kid beds". Avery and Pete were super excited to have a "real" bed. As our kids have grown up, I've always wondered those "How will I know questions?" and the answer is always the same - you just WILL! This milestone was no different. We had two kiddos that were no longer sleeping comfortably during the night, waking up continuously and just downright irritable about sleeping in their cribs anymore. It was like we had new kids when it came to sleeping.
Oddly enough, the first night we had our new beds, Hailey decided she had learned how to climb out of her crib and prance around while she was supposed to be sleeping. . . Hailey is very, very jealous of A & P's new sleeping arrangement and can often be found hiding in her brother and sister's beds (which I'm sure you can guess they just LOVE!)
With the new beds has also ushered in the era of no more naps for Lil Pete. Now, Avery hasn't taken an afternoon nap in I don't know how long, but I was savoring that nap for Pete. Well, I guess all good things must come to an end. Now I am down to only 1 napping child in the afternoon. I can still remember the days when I had all 3 napping at the same time every day - Let's just say, that didn't last very long!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment