Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cookie Bake Off


Every since I can remember my mom, sister and I have been baking cookies for Christmas time. We always rolled out the dough, stamped out the cookies and then decorated them. Ashley and I used to spend so much time perfecting our cookies (and probably quite a bit of time eating them too!)

I definitely wanted to try to continue this tradition with the kiddos. We were going to try last year, but we all got sick around Christmas. So this Christmas I just KNEW we were going to do it.




My mom made these adorable little aprons for us. The kids really loved them, but I think were really excited about them because they knew that it meant COOKIES!! They rolled the dough, played in the flour, stamped out the cookies and had a grand time! Avery and Pete became little pros at it, while on the other hand, Hailey just wanted to eat it!

I was so excited for the babes to see these amazingly shaped cookies! I put them in the oven and then went to look at them a few minutes later. Our beautiful reindeers, Christmas trees, stars, ect. had all turned into little BLOBS of cookies. We have no idea what happened other than maybe all the touching and working with the dough got it too warm. Who knows, the kids sure didn't care! They decorated them with a little bit of icing, but basically just scarfed down as many cookies as I would let them.


Avery was SOOO sweet because she put one of her cookies aside and said that it was for Santa. She was very adamant all week that particular cookie needed to be left for Santa. Still, to this day when Santa's name is brought up she replies, "Santa LOVED my cookie and just left itty bitty crumbs!" Yes, he did baby!

No comments: