Saturday, December 11, 2010

Avery and Pete's Birthday Party


This year I hemmed and hawed for ever trying to think of a good theme for A & P's birthday party. Twin parties can be tricky - they need to be individualistic but still go together and make sense. I was almost set on doing a Dora and Diego party when I came across the idea of a favorite COLOR party! DING! We have a winner! A & P are all about their "favorites" right now - favorite color, favorite stuffed animal, favorite blanket, ect. that I thought this would be perfect!



So the pink and green party was born! Invitiations were pink and green dots with tulle tying them all together. Pink and green plates, balloons - you name it, it was probably pink or green! I even asked the guests to wear pink or green to the party which many people did!





We did two cakes this year - first time for that! It worked out really well, and hope to continue doing that. I mean you had your own birthday cake, right?? Why shouldn't twins too! Avery had a beautiful butterfly and flowers in PINK (all favorites of hers). Pete had a dinosaur in GREEN, which is a total fascination of his right now too!



We rented a huge truck bounce house that was a hit! Amazingly, December isn't a big renting time of year so they let us keep it ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday! Totally made it worth it! We bounced, bounced and bounced some more . . . what else could a 3 year old want!!!




This was by far our BEST kiddo party yet! The weather was absolutely gorgeous and warm so we just left the door open and people mingled inside and out giving everyone plently of room! Plus we had a fantastic group of people who all came because they truly love our kiddos. Many of A & P's friends from school came to make te birthday kiddos day.



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Too cute and such a great idea...you make being a mom look easy!